Big Time Boycott
The Big Time Boycott lasted for most of Spring Quarter, 2010, and ended when it was deemed Big Time had learned their lesson from some time in time-out.
With budget cuts and tuition hikes, strikes and boycotts have been popular topics on campus for most of the 2009-2010 school year. On May 12, 2010, a selection of QERM students resolved, in the spirit of standing up against injustice, to boycott Big Time Brewery, previously a popular destination following the spring seminar.
Reasons for the boycott include (feel free to add your own!):
- Nachos of extremely low quality
- More cheese on paper than on chips
- Excessive sour cream, lack of other toppings
- Whole kidney beans mixed in with refried beans
- Possibly assembled by a poorly trained monkey
- Rickety tables
- Difficult to move
- Refusal to serve alcohol to a 34-year old QERM student
- Just days after her birthday
- (and the expiry of her driver's license)
- She could easily be mistaken as being under 30, but clearly not under 21.
- Bottle Hazard
- Big Time also has a HUGE collection of beer-bottles, none of which they actually sell, of course.
- And they have replaced the shuffleboard underneath with more rickety tables and chairs.
- Are they waiting for them to fall?
- Not Enough Variety
- the sheer arrogance of only selling their own brews, robbing us customers of a good old Manny's, or Heineken, or PBR or Rainier. or MGD.
- Untimely Happy Hour
- Last I checked their Happy Hour was from 11:30 to 12:30. I appreciate that happy hours should begin early. But end so early too?
- Not enough money in the budget for pizza
- Fresh cinnamon raisin bread far superior anyway
- Many other more welcoming establishments nearby
- College Inn
We stand together. And when we sit down to drink beer, we do that together too.