AD Model Builder
AD Model Builder (ADMB) provides a powerful framework for the estimation of parameters (and their variances, co-variances) for (highly) non-linear models. It is a great program when everything works, but getting there can often be long and arduous. So this page is intended to share some pointers and examples for using AD Model Builder (ADMB).
ADMB is available for free from http://admb-project.org/.
The official ADMB Project website has seen an increasing development over the past year and now contains many useful things. , but that site hasn't seen much development in recent months. Some of the materials below are now out of data, or have been superseded by more thorough information on the official site.
Pointers and examples:
- The "ADMB Living Document" brought back to life. A good introduction initially written by André Punt.
- More TIps and Tricks (2010 and beyond)
- ADMB-RE Random Effects module
- Carolina's cheat sheet converted to MediaWiki syntax
- Running ADMB from TextPad
- Syntax Highlighting
- Installing Open-Source ADMB in Linux
- Runtime Options