This will be a repository of tips for using R. To add a tip, just create a link below, for example: Separating the Red Sea and save the page. The link will be red. Just click on the red link and you will automatically be editing the page. Nothing like a blank canvas to share your hard-gleaned wisdom!
QERM wiki pages about R
- General Information on Plotting
- Making Inset Maps
- Ocean Colors: Obtaining and presenting satellite based chlorophyll concentrations maps
- Bathymetry data: like Ocean Colors, but for depth, and not as sophisticated yet
- Polygons from images sourced outside R
- Perspective Plots
- Contour Plots
- Interactive Debugging in R
- String Manipulation
- Sometimes R users need to encounter C, for example, to maintain an R package, or to speed up existing functions. It is fairly straightforward to run C code from within R. Here is how, with some easy-to-follow examples.